Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today's Adventure

It has been long overdue...an itching in my soul. a need to get outside, to be adventurous. To breath in fresh air and enjoy the beauty in life.
Today, Tom and I went up to the Clackamas River. The first half of the day was spent fishing. I even had the opportunity to try out a new pair of waders that were waiting for me when I got back from the OR show. The following couple of hours were spent swimming under a bridge. Tom attempted to spear fish with a stick that was carved with a hatchet. A fun time!
Finally, we capped the day off with an amazing drive up a random road. We were met with breathtaking views of Mt. Hood and fields of wildflowers. On the way back, as we were flying down a hill, Tom exclaimed that we had no brakes. Quite the exclamation considering where we were. We realized that somehow a brake line had been severed and I ended up driving us back to Portland using only the gears and the E-brake...pretty crazy. We spent the evening removing the faulty brake line and now the search for a new one...







1 comment:

doctorbarefoot said...

i love the visual effect of the moving car photo...it is beauty-in-motion. and the magic in the tire swing photo makes me smile, at the pure Summer delight quality. love this blog-post, because it means you got to go adventuring!